Kale & Fig Tart with Quinoa Crust
- ¾ cup tri coloured quinoa rinsed
- Cook quinoa in a pot of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well & cool.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a food processor, process quinoa, parmesan, almonds, dukkah, oil & egg process scraping down the sides occasionally, for 3-4 minutes till mixture is fne & comes together. Press mixture into the base of a lightly greased 11cm by 35cm loose bottomed rectangular tart tin. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes till firm.
- Prick base with a fork. Cook in oven for 15 minutes, or until light golden.
- Yoghurt dressing: Place all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Add oil. Cook garlic for 30 seconds. Add kale, cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the water, cook covered for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand covered for one minute. Then cool & drain away any excess liquid.
- Whisk to combine in a medium bowl with eggs, salt, parmesan cheese, mustard & yoghurt. Add kale mix.
- Spread mixture evenly into tart shell.
- Bake tart for 25-30 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Serve tart with sliced fig, rocket leaves & nuts. Drizzle with yoghurt dressing.