Chicken Curry with Asian Greens
- For the marinade
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Place the garlic, ground cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, garam masala, cashews, yoghourt & salt in a food processor & process till a smooth paste.
- Place the marinade & chicken in a large bowl, mix to combine. Cover & refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add a third of the chicken, reserving the marinade & cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or till slightly charred. Set aside & repeat twice more with remaining oil & chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, return chicken to pan, add the reserved marinade, tomato, coconut water & cinnamon.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the steamed rice & greens & garnish with a generous dollop of yoghurt, coriander & roughly chopped cashews.